Young Londonist partnered with top travel partners to offer you some lovely treats for mum this Mother’s Day, including spa days and overnight stays, afternoon tea and wonderful meals in beautiful places not just in London but also further afield.
- A 3-course lunch for two from the set menu, including a starter, a main course and a dessert each, plus a glass of buck’s fizz each
- A voucher for one is £15; a voucher for four is £55
- Valid 12-2pm Monday-Saturday until 30 June
- You can also visit for afternoon tea with access to the leisure facilities for two for £27
A spa day at the Grade II-listed Oulton Hall near Leeds is now £59, saving 46% on the usual cost. You’ll get a 50-minute treatment, all-day access to the facilities and a light lunch.
- A spa package for one, including all-day use of the health club and spa facilities, and robe and slipper hire
- A 50-minute treatment* of your choice, including a luxury Jessica manicure or pedicure, an ESPA aromatherapy or traditional Swedish massage, or an ESPA personalised facial
- A light lunch, including your choice of a sandwich or bento box, served with tea, coffee or a fruit juice
- A voucher for two is £115
- Valid 10am-7pm Monday-Friday until 30 June. For a £20 per-person supplement, payable directly to the spa, you can visit on a Sunday
The Mount Somerset Hotel and Spa — a Regency mansion set in four acres of “beautiful grounds and gardens” (The Daily Telegraph), is offering a spa package including a treatment, lunch or afternoon tea and bubbly for £59.
- Four hours’ access to the spa facilities for one person, plus robe, towel and slipper hire
- A 55-minute express facial with back, neck and shoulder massage
- Either a 1-course lunch from the menu du jour or afternoon tea
- A 125ml glass of prosecco
- Robe, towel and slipper hire
- A voucher for two is £109
- Valid Sunday-Thursday* until 31 May
Built around 1350 during the reign of Edward III, Langley Castle is a medieval fortress with its own chapel, stained-glass windows and ornamental traceries. Bed-and-breakfast stays on the 10-acre estate overlooking the castle are now £99 — that’s 55% off the regular rates.
- Overnight accommodation in a Castle View Standard Room (in a period building in the castle grounds), with full Northumbrian breakfast, for two
- A tour of the battlements (worth £4.95 per person)*
- Late checkout until 12pm (worth £25)
- It’s £189 for a 2-night stay with the extra night on a B&B basis
- It’s £169 for the 1-night package and £259 for the 2-night package with an additional 3-course dinner for two in The Restaurant on the first night (worth £44.95 per person)
- It’s an extra £25 per night to stay in a Castle View Superior Room or Castle View Suite; or an extra £50 per night to stay in a Deluxe Castle Room in the castle building(payable to the hotel direct)
- Not available on 1-2, 5-6, 20 April; 5, 24-27 May; 8 June
The spa at Hintlesham Hall is “sophisticated and luxurious”, according to Suffolk Magazine, which says it’s “definitely worth a visit”. You can now stop by this“magnificent” stately home for a spa treat, including a choice of hour-long treatments, afternoon tea and prosecco, for £55.
- The Pamper & Afternoon Tea package, including a 60-minute Elemis facial or Swedish full-body massage, or two of the following 30-minute treatments: a back and neck massage, a mini Elemis facial, a mini OPI manicure or pedicure
- Afternoon tea*, including a selection of sandwiches, homemade scones, cakes and tartlets, served with a glass of prosecco
- Access to the outdoor Jacuzzi and relaxation room
- 20% off any additional treatment booked
- A voucher for two is £109
- Valid 9am-5pm Monday-Friday until 31 May**
- We have also negotiated an exclusive 3-course menu for our members in the hotel’s 2-AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant. Prices start at £49 for two.
You can now get a non-subscription gin hamper from Flavourly — which includes three craft gins, plus mixers and a snack — for £19.90, saving 43% on the regular cost.
- Either the Fruity, Up North, Celtic or Scottish gin hamper from Flavourly, which includes three 200ml bottles of craft gin, mixers and a snack, plus a Flavourly magazine (excludes P&P) — hampers will be randomly allocated, and this is a one-off purchase
- Postage and packaging is not included, and costs £5.95 (payable directly to Flavourly*)
- Must be redeemed by 31 May
For £5 per person, you and a friend can spend a day exploring Pencarrow House & Gardens near Bodmin, and save 52% on the usual price.
- Entry for two, including a guided tour of the Georgian mansion and access to the gardens
- A voucher for one is £6
- Valid Sunday-Thursday 31 March-30 June
- The shop opens at 10am. Tours start at 11:15am and take place every 45 minutes until 3pm. The gardens are open from 10am-5:30pm
You and a friend can visit the “cosy” and “characterful” (The Daily Telegraph) Three Salmons Hotel in Usk for afternoon tea and a glass of prosecco for £12.50 a head — saving 43% on the regular cost.
- Afternoon tea for two, including a selection of sandwiches, homemade scones served with jam and clotted cream or butter, freshly baked cakes, tea or coffee, and a 125ml glass of prosecco each
- A voucher for one is £13; a voucher for four is £49
- Valid 3-5pm Monday-Saturday until 30 June