In partnership with Thrive LDN and the #iWill Fund, Team London are offering grants of between £10,000- £15,000 to community groups, small charities and voluntary sector organisations to run one year projects which encourage young Londoners to volunteer or take part in social action.
The projects will focus on any area of volunteering or social action. Examples of categories for these projects include sports, arts, media, or London’s environment but should also encourage good mental health and wellbeing. The majority of young participants will be new to volunteering and will come from groups that are disproportionately affected by mental health issues.
The Team London and Thrive LDN Small Grants will fund projects which:
- work with 10 – 20 year olds on volunteering and/or social action projects
- can demonstrate how the project will positively impact the young peoples’ wellbeing and emotional resilience
- ensure 60% of young people taking part are new to volunteering (not taken part in the last 12 months)
- work with young people from one or more of the following target groups:
- Looked after children (or at risk of being)
- Young carers
- Young people in the youth justice system (or at risk of being)
- Young homeless people (or at risk of being)
- Refugee and asylum-seeking young people
- Young people with learning disabilities
- NEETs (not in employment, education or training)
- Vulnerable young people1 (or at risk of being)
- Young people who identify as LGBTQ+
- Young people from the traveller community
- Young people who have experienced domestic violence
- Young people with physical disabilities
Potential applicants can get in touch for informal conversations about applying for this fund here. The deadline is midday 18th October 2019.