Step back into Victorian London this December for a chance to explore Tower Bridge on a very special family Christmas adventure. Hosted exclusively through Saturday 19 December until Christmas Eve, London’s defining landmark will open its doors for an interactive tour that sees families help bring some festive cheer Christmas for lonely Arthur Gaunt.
Arthur’s Christmas follows the story of Bridge engineer Arthur who has to work over Christmas. This year his friends Duffy the chef and Alice the engineer, invite families to surprise him with some festive cheer.
Over the course of 70 minutes, families will enjoy solving clues with the help of costumed characters to find gifts to give to Arthur, who is working in the Engine Rooms. Families will then visit the Engine Rooms to wish him a happy Christmas and see the magical Victorian Engines that once powered the Bridge.
Designed to delight and entertain all the family, this interactive tour will see professional actors expertly interweave stories from the history of the Bridge, to lead visitors through the world’s most famous river crossing.
The three characters are inspired by real history, including Alice Perry, the first woman to graduate in engineering in the 1890s, and Victoria Drummond, a marine engineer. Intrepid present-hunters will follow the trail throughout the iconic landmark to not only discover the missing presents but learn more about Tower Bridge throughout the journey, beginning in the North Tour, journeying up into the Glass Walkways, and ending in the historic Victorian Engine Rooms.
Ideal for all families but especially kids aged 6-12, tickets for the event cost £20 for children (1-15 years), £15 for adults (16 years+). Visit www.towerbridge.org.uk/christmas for further information.
- Tower Bridge celebrates Christmas with its first ever interactive family experience
- Arthur’s Christmas sees visitors venture back in time to bring festive cheer to Arthur Gaunt, one of the Bridge’s engineers who has to work over Christmas
- Families will solve clues to find gifts for Arthur hidden throughout the Bridge, helped by historic characters along the way, and finish by meeting Arthur in the Engine Rooms to wish him a Happy Christmas
- Arthur’s Christmas runs from 19 – 24 December 2020
- Tickets on sale Wednesday 2 December. Child (1-15 years): £20 | Adult (16 years +) £15
- Each event is limited to 20 people to ensure social distancing is adhered to
- Pre-booking is essential at www.towerbridge.org.uk/christmas