Affordable Art fair returns to Battersea from the 21st until the 24th October and it a great day out for art aficionados both young and old. You can expect a series of installations, events and exhibitions all in one place (plus there is a very decent playground close-by should the kids get super bored.)
Whether there’s a mini master in your family ranks or a little one who is hell bent on ‘abstract expressionism’, Affordable Art Fair, London is heading to the rescue with family friendly mornings – kids’ activity packs and face painting – a time for the kids to get hands-on in a moment of creative immersion.
Set to inspire budding artists of the future, free Kids’ Activity Packs for some DIY art sessions will be given out between 10 and 11am. The packs include drawing, crayons and sweeties and are available from the information desk. Face painting is also on offer between 10-12 am, where kids can request the most creative of disguises to shock and awe their fellow family members and entertain other visitors to the show. Importantly, there are no fancy materials required, just grab a pack and get stuck in. And if mum needs a stress-release scribble herself, big kids are more than welcome to have a go!
Some of our highlights include:
- Fluid Form, a sculptural, interactive installation by Violeta Maya and Persiis Hajiyanni which will allow visitors to experience the transformative power of water and reflect on the theme of solitude post-pandemic, specially commissioned by the world’s most awarded gin Martin Miller’s Gin, Official Drinks Partner.
- Sharing the Affordable Art Fair’s vision to make art collecting accessible to all, wealth management firm JM Finn are once again Lead Partner of the Fair, bringing their expert investment and wealth advice to Battersea visitors.
- Martin Miller’s Gin will debut as the Fair’s new Official Drinks Partner with a series of educational and inspiring masterclasses and tastings with its global brand ambassador, creative themed bar installations and a genius surrealist-inspired gin serve.
- Curated graduate works by artist and designer Pascal Anson; don’t miss the chance to bag works from breakthrough artists before they become household names.
- Savvy art buyers should check out the dedicated wall of artworks for £500 and under!
Tickets are available to book online in advance of the event at: https://affordableartfair.com/fairs/london-battersea-autumn/