London Zoo is brewing up a cauldron of spooky delights this October half-term with “Boo at the Zoo” – a fang-tastic Halloween event for the whole family. From Saturday, October 21, to Sunday, October 29, come and experience the Halloween hub nestled in the zoo’s secret wildlife garden, promising frightfully fun activities for little monsters.
Halloween Activities to Haunt Your Imagination
- Bat Talk and Mask Making: Celebrate International Bat Week by attending a hair-raising Bat Talk or getting crafty at the arts and crafts station, creating spook-tacular bat masks.
- Encounter Flying Foxes: Come face-to-face with Endangered Rodrigues fruit bats, also known as ‘flying foxes,’ in the zoo’s immersive Rainforest Life, London’s only living rainforest.
- Undersea Adventure with Scuba Sam: Dive under the waves for “Scuba Sam and the Spooky Squid,” an enchanting UV puppet show about the weird and wonderful creatures of the deep sea and why we must protect them despite their frightening looks.
- Ghoul School: Curious young minds can learn from ZSL’s world-leading conservation scientists at Ghoul School, where they can ask burning wildlife questions and make spell-binding conservation pledges into the witches’ cauldron.
- Animal Extinction Graveyard: Journey through the Animal Extinction Graveyard, take an interactive quiz to learn how the Dodo, Quagga, and Siberian Unicorn were driven to extinction – and how we can ensure Sumatran tigers, Western lowland gorillas, and other threatened species don’t meet the same fate.
- Intriguing World of Spiders: Step into the eight-legged world of “In with the Spiders,” where giant webs will surround the bravest of souls.
- Meet the ‘Ghosts of Madagascar’: Come face-to-face with the ‘ghosts of Madagascar’ at “In with the Lemurs” – named for their wide-eyed stare and loud after-dark calls.
Halloween Treats and More
In addition to these spine-chilling activities, visitors can enjoy fearsome face painting*, monstrous marshmallow toasting*, and petrifying pumpkin painting*. With over 14,000 incredible animals to encounter, it’s treats all around at London Zoo this October half-term.
This Halloween adventure is not to be missed. Under 3s go free, so book your tickets today at www.londonzoo.org.
* Activities marked with an asterisk may have additional charges.